Monday 2 July 2012

Leibster


The very lovely Catherine of life collection has nominated me for a Leibster award. As a relatively newbie to blogging I'm most excited. When you're finished reading go check out her blog, it's a great read from a really lovely lady!

Here's a description of the award:
The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

Here are the rules for receiving this award:
  1.  Each person must post 11 things about themselves
  2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
  3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
  4. Go to their page and tell them.
  5. No tag backs!
11 things about me

1. My nephew is my favourite thing in the whole world. 
2. I have 10 tattoos, my dad only knows about 7 of them!
3. I've lived in the same house my entire life, apart from while I was away at uni.
4. I'd love to have lavender grey hair like Kelly Osborne.
5. The first concert I went to was The Eagles.
6. I really want to learn to crochet but think I'm more of a knitter.
7. People always mock my size 8 clown feet.
8. When I was 17 I had to have my bowel removed so became a bag lady (more about this another time)
9. I'm no longer a bag lady!
10. My favourite flower is probably a sunflower. 
11. If I could see any band live it would be The Who!

Catherine's questions:

1. What's your favorite genre of music? Definitely got to be rock, it's a broad genre and classic rock is probably my fav but I like something I can sit and bop too.

2. Do you believe in fate? I'm not too sure about this one, I can be quite cynical so I guess I haven't had anything happen that's made me believe in it yet.

3. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year where would it be and why? New York City or San Francisco, both are my favourite cities in the whole world and I feel totally at home in both of them.

4. Are you happy with your style/fashion? What would you wear if you could wear anything you wanted? I am, it's taken a long time but finally I am. If I could wear anything though it would probably be 90% of the dresses on Mod Cloth.

5. Coffee or tea? And how you like it prepared? I could never choose. I have to start my day with a cup of tea (milk, 1 sugar), coffee (milk, 1 sugar) is essential to get me through work, and then a big mug of tea when I get home. There's something cosy and comforting about a cup of tea, but if I'm out and about or want an after dinner drink it has to be coffee.

6. If you had to become an animal, what animal would you be? A platypus, hands down. They are by far my favourite animal purely because of their uniqueness.

7. What is your favorite season? Probably spring because I love everything coming into blossom and knowing summer is on its way. But then again autumn is the most beautiful. Tough one.

8. Favorite actor/actress? After a lengthy conversation while watching Forrest Gump last night, probably Tom Hanks! He's just amazing!

9. If you could do anything with your life what would it be? I'd love to have my own little venue/cafe/vintage inspired shop, I love going for coffee, shopping for vintage/retro treats and gigs so combining all 3 would be amazing. I also want a vintage caravan/campervan so weekends can be full of little adventures. Plus a nice home, veg patch, craft shed and family! 

10. If you knew for one day everything would go as planned, what would you plan or do that day? Ooh good one! I would probably plan a job interview at some amazing place and get the job, because that's how I'd want it to go! 

11. Twitter, Facebook, or both? Both, my friends are split between them so both are handy for keeping in touch!

My nominees:

1. Joe at Josie-Mary 
3. Emma at Lemons for lemonade
4. Louise at Lucky Lulu Handmade
5. Debbie at carrots and kids
6. Adie at Adie
7. Jillian at Boringspice
8. Kate at Bluebell and rosie
9. Roisin at Dolly Clackett
10. Hannah at hey zombot
11. Chloe at lazy explorers

(I had to cheat slightly, finding bloggers with less than 200 followers is no easy challenge).

My questions:

1. If you could have been born in any era, which would it have been and why?
2. You're stuck on a desert island with 3 'celebs', who are they?
3. What's your favourite colour?
4. Name 3 of your favourite blogs to read.
5. If money was no object and you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
6. What's your favourite thing in your home?
7. If you could have any skill/hobby what would it be and why?
8. What is the best gig you've ever been to?
9. Daddy or chips?
10. What do you have phobias of?
11. If you could have any magical power for the day, what would it be and why?

And there you have it! Thanks so much for reading and an extra special thank you to Catherine. I look forward to seeing my nominees responses.

Sarah

xx

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for tagging me! Will try to post this soon, might struggle to find enough blogs though as most of those I follow have huge amounts of readers!

    x

    ReplyDelete