Tuesday 15 September 2015

A bbq at the beach


Over the last couple of months I've taken a bit of a break from blogging. As much as I love it, my heart wasn't really in it and it was becoming a bit of a chore. I've been in my new flat for a few months now, I've been making some amazing new friends (you're about to hear all about them and they will no doubt be popping up a lot from here on in) and generally been getting out and about and rediscovering myself. But I'm pleased to say the blogging bug is back and I've got a lot of stories and posts to catch up on. So put the kettle on and get ready for a whole of photos and ramblings about what I've been up to since the move.


So these guys here ^ are pretty ace. Left to right is Willow, Jules and Lewis, my new neighbours and ever so lovely friends. Since I moved to their street they have made me feel so welcome and I will be eternally grateful for that. We've already been on a fair few adventures, including a few trips to the beach, soaking up the last of the summer sun, and pigging out on picnic food, it's been most excellent.


No trip to the beach is complete without a paddle. The water was crystal clear, and flippin' freezing but it was lovely to get in there, well until a few big waves came and we all got soaked. It turns out there isn't a lot that's funnier than trying to climb out of the sea, on pebbles, while hitching your dresses up because I laughed so much I very nearly wet myself. Willows face is in these photos just sums out how much fun we had, she's such a breath of fresh air and pretty much gives me face ache from laughing every time I see her.


I couldn't have wished for a nicer evening, the company was excellent, the food was good, the sea was freezing, and we went home with soggy dress, and knickers, from lots of laughing in the sea. 

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment