Tuesday 31 March 2015

Feeling Thrifty | Boots Haul

If there's one thing in life that I really love, it's a bargain! My family joke about how I am the bargain guru, and it's pretty common for my Dad to text me and ask where the cheapest place to get something is. 

Anyway, one of my money saving staples is store loyalty cards, I have them for pretty much every place that I shop in, if they do them obviously. Boots is no exception, and one of my favourite things to do is build up my points until I have enough to get a 'free' perfume. Over the past couple of weeks Boots have been giving out No7 vouchers while also running a 3 for 2 offer on cosmetics, so I went a little crazy.


I recently had a thorough make up clear out, and made a list of the things I needed to replenish as I went along. Armed with a list, I spent a bit of time looking at products online and in the shop, and then worked out which would be the most cost effective way of buying the items I wanted. I worked out which 3 for 2 combinations would save me the most money split between 5 separate transactions, along with the No7 vouchers and my boots points, my entire haul cost me a grand total of £27 pounds. Individually this lot would have cost over £135, so I'm pretty proud of my bargains.

Here's a breakdown of what I bought:





The ladies on the No7 counter were fantastic and did the colour match foundation test on me, and then told me which shades of lipstick would suit my skin tone. I'm new to the world of lipstick and I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Do you have any money saving tips? I'd love to hear them.

Sarah
xx

3 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed what an amazing bag o'bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive! It's not THAT good but what I do in my local COOP is, if I don't have one of their £1 off £10 vouchers and I know I've got £11 or more in my basket,I go to self-service and buy ONE item. It then prints a voucher and I take the rest of my shopping to the manned checkout!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red lipstick - totally awesome. Just saying :)

    ReplyDelete