Friday 10 October 2014

Mushrooms & Toadstools

It's the most wonderful time of the year... no not Christmas, but Autumn! I LOVE Autumn. It's by the far the most beautiful season, full of colour and lovely smells, the weather is cooling, chunky knits are coming out, it's just great.

You can't argue with the fact that nature is at its best this time of year. I used to love this time of year growing up because my Dad and I would go mushroom picking at Killerton every year, which was odd because I really hate to eat them, but something about that smell was lovely. So this weekend Rich and I went on the hunt for toadstools, specifically Amanita Muscaria because they look so magical. Well I didn't find a single one but I did find all these beauties...


The best way to find them was to follow my nose, which was pretty easy even with a cold.

Sarah
xx

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos - such lovely colours! I adore autumn too :)

    Rebecca x

    Rebecca Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that you don't like eating mushrooms! I'd always imagined how tasty some of your dinners must be with a few foraged fungi- although they're definitely just as nice to look at as to eat :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you start looking for them, there are actually quite a few to be found!
    I never used to like eating mushrooms, but I always loved the way they smelt when you cooked them. Since getting past the texture, I've decided they are actually quite tasty.

    ReplyDelete