Friday 4 April 2014

The Big Cake Show

On Sunday the ladies of my family had tickets to go to The Big Cake Show at Westpoint, a 3 day show dedicated to cake with some celebrity chefs, Mary Berry & Paul Hollywood to name two, doing demonstrations and Q&A's, plus some amazing competition pieces.

It was my first food show so I wasn't sure what to expect but the organisers did a fantastic job. There was plenty to see and keep you entertained, with traders selling local produce, baking equipment and doing demonstrations, the most amazing competition cakes I've ever seen, check out the Alice in wonderland cake by Crafty Cakes, seriously amazing (if you're local to Exeter you should definitely give them a visit if you need a professional cake, as a family we've been going there for years, they deliver on price, quality and taste, oh the taste!!), plus of course the celebrity chefs giving talks, answering questions and just generally being awesome. It was great to see contestants from the Great British Bake Off too, who doesn't love that program?

I really hope it becomes an annual event and I cannot recommend it enough if it does return, go!!

 

Sarah
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment