Tuesday 12 November 2013

Sing us a song, you're the piano man...

On Friday, the entire Ginn gang, plus Julie, hit the road and went to Birmingham for a very special occassion - to see Billy Joel! I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, and I'm sure if you ask a lot of people to name one of his songs they will say 'Uptown Girl' (not his finest moment), but after growing up with him being my Dad's hero it would have been impossible to not be a fan. Now when I say he is my Dad's hero, I literally mean hero. He worships him like he is his God, he's like a 12 year old girl at a One Direction concert, he cries tears of joy when he sees him, and I'm pretty sure he will mourn for a long, long time when he eventually stops touring. 

Anyway, after being brought up on his music, the whole family are massive fans. We booked the tickets months ago and have quite literally been counting down the days. This was our (my siblings and mine) fifth Billy Joel concert, and he really was just as amazing as the previous times. We had amazing seats on the ground level so had a great view of the big man. Despite having a dodgy throat he still sounded amazing, he belted out some of the classics and before we knew it, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant was on and the concert was coming to a close, and I cried! I seriously did not want it to end. As the concert came to a close he ended on a high, and we left buzzing. There was no fear of getting tired on the long drive home because we were too hyped to care. As always I took a couple of photos...


Thank you Mr Joel for making us Ginn's extremely happy! Please come back soon, we would hate to have to fly to NYC to see you (yeah right!).

Sarah
xx

2 comments: