Friday 19 October 2012

Staycation

At the end of August Rich and I went on a 'staycation' to Cornwall. Yes, this post really is that late!! But anyway, because I just love sharing my photos with you from our random little trips, our staycation is no exception. Enjoy!

Our first day/night was spent in Padstow, a lovely harbour town on the north coast of Cornwall. I hadn't been there since I was a toddler so couldn't remember it at all but it was really beautiful, even with the masses of tourists. My only advice would be to never go in the school holidays, you can't move for people and everything is more expensive. We stayed at Padstow Touring Park which is about a mile away from the harbour and with its own footpath route into the town (don't make the mistake of walking down it if it's rained unless you have wellies!!!). It took about half an hour though and has lovely views of the river as you walk down into the town.
After the mandatory walk around the town and fish and chips in the harbour we found the beach and got down to some serious paddling!


The second stop on our staycation was St Ives, my favourite place in Cornwall. It has the best beaches, surf and mix of shops. Our campsite, Little Trevarrack, was at Carbis Bay. I'd recommend it to anyone, they offer a bus into the town that goes every hour, has a heated swimming pool, games room and clean, modern shower blocks. It really does have everything you could need.
We had perfect weather and Rich even attempted body boarding, sadly the waves weren't up to much but we had a good splash around. The best part was possibly the ice cream shop on the harbour that was open until midnight, the ice cream was scrummy and you could pick a topping, we chose nuts, it was delish!

 

On the final day of our staycation we went to St Michaels Mount, somewhere I've been wanting to visit my whole life. It's always seemed so magical that it's on an island that can only be accessed when the tide is out, lets face it it would be an awesome place to live.


We ended our lovely little holiday with a visit at my 'Nanny Cornwall's house. As always it was great to see her and hear even more old stories. I love how the older people get the greater story tellers they become.

Now I better go and unpack some more boxes, sigh!

Take care

Sarah
xx

1 comment:

  1. I used to go to Cornwall every year as a child, I'd forgotten how beautiful it is :) xx

    ReplyDelete