Friday, 9 September 2011

New editions!


What an eventful week it has been! After months of waiting (8 and a half to be precise), my amazing nephew finally arrived, bringing endless smiles to everyone who sees him. It's safe to say if perfection came in a 6lb bundle of joy it would be him. 

And with the early arrival came the mad dash to finish my first big craft project... a VW Camper and Beetle themed crib mobile....


       

It may have taken hours/weeks of handstitching tiny windows and wheels but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out if I do say so myself. I've also had chance to have a go at making a few brooches...


I finally went to my first 'Make do and mend' event (run by Joe Currey) so am getting back into knitting. Now it's time to start getting ready for autumn/winter by knitting a nice cosy blanket, although it's more likely to be ready for winter 2012 at the speed I go. 

2 comments:

  1. The heart name brooch looks exactly like one of Lucky LuLu's original designs. Were you inspired by her lovely work? If so, credit should be given :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly my poor attempt was before I was introduced to the wonderful work of Lucky LuLu. My original 'Love hate' brooch finally gave up the ghost after 4 years in service, so I attempted to recreate it. After seeing Lucky LuLu's designs at a vintage fair in November I am green with envy of her amazing talents. xx

      Delete